SmartSearch Marketing is one of the fastest growing agencies in the online marketing industry. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Boulder, CO, SmartSearch professionals are veterans in the digital marketing industry and thought-leaders in the search marketing community. We’re a highly-specialized search marketing agency with a people-centered culture.
We are a dynamic, growing company looking for exceptional people to join our team. Our agency values revolve around personal initiative, accountability for results, creative innovation, and a real passion for serving clients. Flexibility and autonomy are a big part of our environment as well as a personal passion for continual learning and professional growth.
Senior SEO Specialist
As a key member of our Client Services Team you will work on several digital marketing teams and serve multiple clients. For each project, you “own” client satisfaction with respect to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You lead the clients’ Organic Search Strategy, develop SEO project plans, proactively manage the SEO program, and are personally accountable for improving each clients’ organic search results.
You demonstrate exceptional client relationship skills in terms of communication, responsiveness, setting expectations, problem solving, personal rapport, building trust and fostering understanding.
You are a true expert in your field. You are passionate about staying “on top of your game” and proactively recommend appropriate SEO-related innovations to clients.
How you’ll spend your day:
- Working as a key member of several client account teams.
- Functioning as the owner of all organic search elements for your clients’ programs.
- You develop the organic search strategy and ongoing SEO Implementation Plan for each client; ensuring that your plan aligns with client goals and the overall account plan.
- You are solely responsible for frequent monitoring of each client’s organic search results (as appropriate based on the size/complexity/importance of each account).
- You proactively analyze search-related data and conduct root cause analysis.
- You are able to turn raw data into meaningful business insights and prioritized SEO recommendations.
- You respond to changes in market conditions and client results with real time SEO Improvement Plans.
- You lead all SEO-related efforts – working with agency team-members, clients and partners.
- Responding to client and team member requests – sometimes before they ask!
What you bring to the table:
- A BS/BA degree
- An analytical mind, and proven experience with data analysis and results reporting
- At least 5 years’ experience working in SEO.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Experience with face-to-face client communication and presentations.
- A passion for SEO and an understanding of proven search engine optimization principles.
- You take initiative to proactively find and solve problems and “do what it takes” to improve results.
- You take personal accountability and ownership for your clients’ organic search results.
- You are a mature professional.
- You are self-guided. You have self-discipline. You don’t require frequent oversight.
- Advanced proficiency in analyzing data (Google Analytics, Webmaster tools, Google Trends/Insights, Google Keyword Planner, etc.) related to organic search results.
- Advanced Excel skills, including: pivot tables, formulas, graphs/tables/charts, formatting and reporting
- Understanding of (and integration with) analytics systems, and client CRM systems.
- Accountability and responsiveness. You respond promptly to calls and email requests and make yourself available even when you aren’t at your desk.
- A sense of urgency. You understand the importance of maximize results as quickly as possible.
- You are a “live-long-learner”. You are constantly self-learning new concepts, acquiring new skills, exploring and testing.
- Successful experience (and comfortable with) working from home – you are actually more productive in a home-office environment.
As a member of our team you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and incentive program
- Opportunities for professional growth and career development
- Being part of a dynamic, fast-paced agency environment
- Working with a team of incredibly talented professional colleagues
- The ability to work from your home office
Please send your resume to me personally at email@example.com
Principals only please.
Unfortunately we are unable to support relocation or sponsorships at this time.