Client Case Study: Reaching Your Target Audience with Paid Search Zip-Code Targeting
SmartSearch Marketing is a full-funnel B2B digital marketing agency. Our online advertising programs focus on demand generation and lead management solutions. Our creative approach to media planning allows us to serve ads to the right audience at the right time, improving the efficiency of our client’s media investment, delivering engaged leads, and ultimately driving sales.
Our client, a regional dental provider with multiple locations had cast a broad digital net across their paid media programs in several cities. This resulted in high patient acquisition costs across their entire geographic footprint.
In evaluating their paid search program, we uncovered the following:
- Many zip codes within the metro area received stronger conversion rates and more click volume overall, however the budget was spread evenly across the entire region limiting the traffic to these top-performing areas.
- The client had data available which allowed us to understand better understand current patient demographics, including which zip codes offered a wider representation of high-value new clients per capita.
SmartSearch Marketing’s approach to this problem was to implement granular bid adjustments based on zip codes with the highest conversion rate and the most high-value new patients.
- We analyzed data for each individual dental practice within their network, identifying which zip codes within the geographic area provided the highest number of new patients.
- We optimized regional ad campaigns and ad groups by adding percentage bid modifiers across top-performing zip codes to focus on top ad positions.
- We added zip-code modified keywords for our identified top zip codes to reach potential patients utilizing zip-code specific searches.
In our most challenging market we experienced the following improvements (comparing pre-bid adjustment results to a 90-day period after zip code bid adjustments):
- Conversion rate increased 150%
- Average cost per click (CPC) decreased by nearly 12%
- click through rate (CTR) increased 3%.
- Cost-per-conversion decreased by 60%
Recognizing the campaign was targeting a broad geographic area for multiple practice locations, we set a strategy to provide the most relevant search result to the ideal target user at the right time; reducing costs and driving up conversions in a previously struggling market.
Can we improve your paid media results?
CAN WE IMPROVE YOUR DIGITAL ADVERTISING RESULTS?
Here are a few additional resources you may find helpful:
- Landing Page Testing Drives Mobile Leads
- Why You Should Consider Switching to a New Paid Search Agency
- PPC Landing Page Testing More Than Doubles Conversion Rate
To learn more about SmartSearch Marketing: