CLIENT CASE STUDY: CRO TESTING DRAMATICALLY IMPROVES WEBSITE ENGAGEMENT AND LEADS
SmartSearch Marketing is a full-service B2B digital marketing agency. As part of our comprehensive methodology we focus on increasing conversion results for B2B clients and companies with a complex sales cycle. We accomplish this primarily via our landing page testing and Website Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) services.
Our client, a leading provider of Business Process Management (BPM) software and services, was struggling to compel website visitors to request a demonstration of their software.
We analyzed website behavior and identified 2 root causes:
- Visitors were not finding the “Request a Demo” Call-To-Action (CTA) which was the client’s top priority action.
- Those visitors that did find the “Request a Demo” page were not taking action and completing the registration form.
SmartSearch Marketing’s testing strategy involved a two-phase approach:
- Phase I: Increase visitors’ awareness of the request a demo option, by increasing the prominence and relevance of this CTA within the site’s main menu navigational menu.
- Phase II: Increase the number of prospects who actually complete a registration form to request a demo by improving the perceived value and desirability of this action.
CRO TEST RESULTS:
Phase I Results
Testing the CTA button in the main header navigation increased both traffic to the “Request a Demo” page and form submissions on that page.
Variation 2 (“Schedule a Demo”) was the winning CTA version
- Increasing clicks by 418.98%, and
- Increasing leads (registration form submissions) by 127.05%
Phase II Results
We tested the overall look and feel of the Demo page as well as the page content. We also tested a 2-part registration form.
Variation I of the test increased conversions (registration form submissions) by an additional 58.57%.
Reasons for the improved conversion rate include:
- Page clearly states benefits of the demo
- Page specifically states what prospects will learn
- We implemented a 2-part registration form (with a shorter form on the initial landing page).
This two-phased testing approach made the DEMO more visible, more appealing, and generated significantly more quality leads.
CAN WE IMPROVE YOUR CONVERSION RESULTS?
Additional information on SmartSearch Marketing CRO services is available on our website. Here are a few additional CRO-related resources:
- The 3 Most Impactful Aspects of a Landing Page Test
- Optimizing Your Testing/CRO Program
- How Confident Are You in Your “Statistical Confidence”?
To learn more about SmartSearch Marketing: