NEW Search Engine Algorithm.
Here is a summary of initial facts about the recent hummingbird algorithm change.
Hummingbird is the company’s most significant algorithm change since “Caffeine” in 2010.
- Why “hummingbird”? According to Google, the name represents “precise and fast” search results.
- The new algorithm affects 90% of all searches, and has been in place for about a month.
- The update is designed to better respond to longer search queries, questions, and “conversational speech” (think “the semantic web”).
- Google also announced an updated version of the Google Search app on iOS (coming soon)
- Google indicated they are working on more advanced voice queries
- Will this impact your organic website traffic? If you haven’t seen a drop over the past month… probably not.
- This update has not generated a significant outcry from website owners and publishers.