If you are a local business, you need to be using Google Local. Google Local is important for local businesses to dominate the SERPS, be found on Google Maps and drive foot traffic to your location. Use these 5 quick tips to dominate your competition.
- Complete Your Google Profile – While this sounds like stating the obvious, the majority of local businesses do not complete there profile to 100%. Take advantage of features such as Images and a Description to tell potential customers about your business.
- Consistent Name, Address, Phone Number – Make sure your N.A.P is consistent everywhere online, not just Google Local. Having inconsistencies can cause duplicate listings, drops in rankings and worst of all: losing potential customers trying to find your address or call you.
- Google Categories -Google has recently added thousands of new categories. Use as many categories as you can. However, make sure they truly describe your business. No spamming!
- Google Reviews – Ask for customer reviews on Google Local, Yelp and other local business listings. Customer reviews now affect your rankings and customer review snippets are just starting to show in some Google searches.
- Add a Google Local Map – Add a Google Local Map to the contact page of your website. This can give you an seo boost as well as help your customers get directions to your location.